Betty's Carving Blog

I hope you enjoy the blog for wood carving. You can visit sales at create space by following the links provided or visit our website for all our our how to videos.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Carving indoors

If you're ready to carve with that knew Christmas present a set of carving tools and the weather is really bad outside you can carve indoors. Carving indoors can create a problem with lighting, if you're getting older and carving indoors can create quite a mess. If you have a wooden floor, you can sweep the floor and there is no reason you cannot carve indoors and have an easy cleanup.
I do not use my big holding device on my large tool stand. I use a small worktable that I purchased on sale for $15. It folds up and is light weight and easy to maneuver. It's great for him carving, but I'm not sure I would use it with mallet tools.
Keep a broom and dust pan handy and you can contain most of your mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment